Cylinder stud washers
Moto Guzzi V700, V7 Special, Ambassador, 850 GT, 850 GT California, Eldorado, and 850 California Police models
Thanks to Howard Gilbert for helping me identify these washers in private communication via e-mail.
Moto Guzzi wisely specified the use of steel washers between the aluminum cylinder head and the steel securing nuts. These washers are usually found under the four nuts that secure the rocker arm trestle. However, they are commonly missing from the two short cylinder studs. The washer used on the short cylinder stud nearest the spark plug is easy to replace as it is the same size as the four washers used with the rocker arm trestle. The washer used on the other short cylinder stud is a bit special, as the OD must be smaller in order to fit into the available space. Moto Guzzi used a variety of part numbers to reference these various washers:
- First and second editions of the V700 spare parts catalog
- MG# 95100315 for the 5 flat washers
- MG# 12021600 for the 1 special OD flat washer
- Third edition of the V700 spare parts catalog, first and second editions of the V750 spare parts catalog
- MG# 95100315 for the 5 flat washers (same part number as above)
- MG# 95004210 for the 1 special OD flat washer
- First edition of the V850 spare parts catalog (note the move from flat washers to wave washers)
- MG# 14018400 for the 5 wave washers
- MG# 95129180 for the 1 special OD wave washer
Today you can reference the V850 part numbers and use the updated wave washers.