Engine and transmission mounting bolts
Moto Guzzi V700, V7 Special, Ambassador, 850 GT, 850 GT California, Eldorado, and 850 California Police models
The dimensions below will help you identify what you have and/or what you need. Crafting your own replacements is certainly one good option. If you go this route, rods threaded on both ends are - by far - the easiest way to go. In the past, I have used McMaster-Carr part number 5544T33 for strength (I zinc plated the finished product for corrosion resistance). An alternative might be McMaster-Carr part number 1274T22. Stainless steel would not require any protective plating and I suspect it may be strong enough for the job (though I am no metallurgist and I really can't say for sure one way or the other).
Foot peg models
Two identical hex head bolts are used.
- Front and rear mounts (MG# 12429600 or MG# 13429600): 12 mm × 1.5 mm × 333 mm
Some models were fit with two threaded rods while other models were fit with two hex head bolts. Personally, I prefer the threaded rod arrangement as it makes footboard fitment a bit simpler. Either configuration will work fine.
- Front mount (MG# 13429540): 12 mm × 1.5 mm × 360 mm (20 mm long threads at each end)
- Rear mount (MG# 13429640): 12 mm × 1.5 mm × 343 mm (30 mm long threads at one end and 22 mm long threads at the other end)
Hex head bolts:
I've never located a part number for the front bolt, though the part certainly exists.
- Front mount: 12 mm × 1.5 mm × 350 mm (20 mm long threads)
- Rear mount (MG# 12429600 or MG# 13429600): 12 mm × 1.5 mm × 333 mm (same as foot peg model above)