Oil pressure sending unit cross references
Moto Guzzi V700, V7 Special, Ambassador, 850 GT, 850 GT California, Eldorado, and 850 California Police models
Although not identical to the original, the following oil pressure switches have worked well for me (and are readily available).
- AC Delco E1846 (available from OReilly Auto Parts)
- Altrom Imports ATM 1431020 (available from NAPA)
- BWD S4015 (available from OReilly Auto Parts)
- Duralast PS158 or Neihoff OP22691 (available from AutoZone). Thanks to Mike Jones for providing me with this substitute.
- Echlin Ignition Parts ECH OP6065 (available from NAPA)
- GP Sorensen 36-5028 (available from Advance Auto Parts)
- Import Direct 17-0572 (available from OReilly Auto Parts)
- Master Pro Ignition 2-8005 (available from OReilly Auto Parts)
- Mileage Plus Electrical MPE OP6065SB (available from NAPA)
Thanks to Mike Jones for sending me this information via email:
Hi again, Greg. I needed to replace the oil pressure sensor on my Ambassador. On your page you list two readily-available options, a Sorensen from Advance Auto and a Mileage Plus from Napa. I've had bad luck with the Sorensens - I've had two or three fail in a year's time - so I went to NAPA. They didn't have the Mileage Plus in stock, but they had an Echlin OP6065 for only a little more money. They said that the Mileage Plus is their economy brand and the Echlin is actually a little better quality. I bought it, installed it, and it works fine. It takes a spade connecter instead of a bullet connector, but I think that's true of the other two as well, isn't it?