Tool kit (substitutes for the original tools)
Moto Guzzi V700, V7 Special, Ambassador, 850 GT, 850 GT California, Eldorado, and 850 California Police models
Original tools seem to get easily lost along the way and many machines no longer have them. Plus, original tool kits don't come up often on ebay and can be expensive. Here are things that can be used as substitutes:
- Metric stubby wrenches. Set includes 10 mm - 19 mm. Generally only the 10 mm, 11 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, 17 mm, and 19 mm are needed.
- One 7 mm wrench.
- One 8 mm wrench.
- One 22 mm wrench which I cut to 7 inch length.
- One 1 inch wrench which I cut to 7 inch length - takes the place of a 27 mm wrench, which I could not locate.
- One 5 mm
Lshaped allen / hex wrench
- One 6 inch slip joint pliers
- One 6 inch slotted screwdriver
- One feeler gauge
- One 13⁄16 inch spark plug socket. Amazingly, the box end of the 22 mm wrench fits the hex pattern at the end of the socket, so a ratchet is not required.
- One 6 inch adjustable wrench