Throttle Meister installation
Moto Guzzi Quota 1000 and Quota 1100 ES models
Thanks to Randy Peterson for providing me with his photos and documentation for installing a Throttle Meister on a Moto Guzzi Quota.
I have just installed the Throttle Meister on my Quota. The installation was a minor challenge and the Throttle Meister company was very easy to work with, however they had no application data on the Quota, and a couple of units had to be supplied to work out the installation.
- REMOVAL OF THE STOCK BAR END COVERS. Loosen the 5 mm hex cap screw, DO NOT REMOVE and give it a sharp rap with a light hammer, rotate and remove.
- Measure the depth of the current counter bore and compare to the supplied mount for the Throttle Meister. Mine was ~1⁄4 inch too shallow.
- Bore the handlebar with a 21⁄32 inch diameter drill. I didn't have a drill chuck that was greater than 1⁄2 inch and I improvised using a vice grip and easily bored the aluminum bars.
- Insert the Throttle Meister unit into the left (non throttle) side to get the required depth verified and finalize by installing the new Throttle Meister bar end.
- On the Throttle Side, loosen the throttle locking bolts and slide the unit out so it extends past the bar end by ~1⁄16 inch.
- Install the inner Throttle Meister unit and then add the rotating lock unit. Tighten the allen bolt and check the operation per the supplied Throttle Meister Instruction Sheet.