Custom 5: Install Gregory Bender's custom relay solution for spot lights on police models
Applicable to these part numbers:
The vast majority of the wiring connections are already made for you with this harness (This relay solution is available for purchase).
- Position relay behind the battery beneath the voltage regulator.
- Normally the relay socket gets mount next to my relay solution for the headlights and starter. In that case, the relay socket slides right into the bank of three that is already there. If you don't have my relay solution for the headlights and starter, you'll need to fabricate your own bracket or secure it to the voltage regulator with zip-ties or other suitable methods.
- Route both blue/black wires forward to under the tank.
- The blue/black wire with the 3-way connector will connect to the wires that connect to each spot light.
- The blue/black wire with the 2-way connector will connect to the existing blue wire that comes from the push-pull switch on the dash.
- Connect the black wire to ground.
- Connect the red wire to the battery positive terminal.